Monday, December 28, 2009
Friday, December 25, 2009
Friday, December 18, 2009
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Posted by Staheli at 10:53 AM
Posted by Staheli at 10:41 AM
Posted by Staheli at 10:34 AM
Posted by Staheli at 10:26 AM
Friday, December 11, 2009
On Sunday, 10-25-2009 at around 10:30pm, lighting struck are house. That evening, a line if strong thunderstorm's rolled into the area. The lighting bolt that hit us was unlike we have experienced- the sound, the electric feeling in the air, and the smell of ozone.We were watching TV at the time. When the bolt hit, the power surged and flicked off and on. The TV came back on. but the screen was green and distorted. The computer shut off. Immediately after the hit, we ran and checked on our children. We could smell the ozone in the air, and it smelled like our TV circuits were burning. We unplugged the Entertainment System and our computer.
After a minute or two, we could smell a little of smoke, and one of our smoke alarms went off. I ran to each room in the house to see if anything was burning. Nothing inside the house was, so I ran outside to see our roof was burning. It was not.When I came back inside, I could smell stronger. I then went to check the garage.
Upon opening the door from the laundry room into the garage, (Bill) was enveloped with thick black smoke. I instantly reach my hand around the door jam and opened up the main garage door, to let the smoke get out.I rush back into the house, yelled at Me that the garage was on fire, to get the kids out. She grabbed our two children and her home, and got the kids onto the porch ans called 911 ( we did not dare leave the cover of the porch), because there was still a lot of lighting. While she was doing that, I grabbed a salad bowl, filled it with water from the bathtub, and ran back into the garage to try on put out the fire. The smoke had cleared enough ( due to the garage door being opened), that I could see the fire was shooting out of the water heater, and had the was around it on fire. Water was gushing out of the release valve, so using by salad bowl, and this water, I stayed in the garage, dousing the fire until I was able to put it out
Within a minute of me getting the fire out, the fire department was there. They came into the garage, and tore down the Sheetrock around the water heater to see id the fire had gotten up inside. They also went room to room checking., and also went up into the attic. The fire department shut off our gas. By the time all the fire department left, it was after 1:00am, the fire marshal told us to shut off the power to the house, and to go a stay somewhere else. We shut off the power, but we did not feel comfortable going to a hotel that night, because we wanted to make sure that another fire didn't spring up. So we blew up a sir mattress in the front room out our two kids to sleep on it. Me and Bill stayed up all night to make sure things were OK.
We ended up booking a hotel, we stayed at Best Western for 2wks and moved to La Quinta for 2 more wks. We were out of the house for month. We lost are computer, all are food in our freezer and fridge, our oven, one of the TV our two AC and heater to the house and we are still finding more thing not working.
We was able to move back into the house Saturday before Thanksgiving, We where able to clean the house to get ready to have family fly into town for William blessing on Thanksgiving. But are so grateful that we still have a house over are heads, it's been a long road getting thing together and fix. But we are so blessed that Heavenly Father was watching out for us that night, that we our all safe and healthy. Thank you Heavenly Father
Posted by Staheli at 9:12 AM